Thursday 27 August 2009

Not a Shot Fired in Anger

Being busy trying to get back to sea for the last week I have had no beach time and the weathers been shite so thought I'd post some shots from SAS Gennith Beach Clean up earlier this month. Dont forget to follow my other blog to. 
My daughter Izzy with part of trawler net washed up on beach . Nets are a tough one as bottom trawls often become stuck and have to be discarded for the safety of crew and ship especially in rough weather.
 My son Fin finding alternative use of net
No excuses
Andy from Surfers Against Sewage explaing to the kids the environmental impact flotsom ,jetsom and beach waste has on local flora, fauna and marine life
Some of the rubbish collected being separated bagged and weighed ready for proper safe environmentally friendly disposal.
If you want to take part in next years clean up with the SAS at Llangennith look out for dates on Facebook or SAS website closer to Aug next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment