Thursday 27 August 2009

Shots from my Archives

Having some 12,000 digital shots safely backed up on a tidy little device called a western digital hard drive it is a tough one to decide which shots to post so Iam just gonna put up what I like and hope you enjoy them too. Not being able to jet off to exotic locations or even a quickie to France or Eire. I am gonna be posting totally home grown shots of everyman and his dog literally. Heres a quick insight to how I got started and hooked on surf photography, well some ten years or so ago I had a shot of the best pub in the world the hedonist venue of the King's Head Hotel at Llangennith, I sent the shot to wavelength mag under the pseudonyn of Alun Jones just incase my mates got wind and took the inevitable piss. Anyway the shot was published with a little write up nothing grand but it was written by info supplied by me and I got a cheque for £10 who's the loon now as I could not cash it so its in a tin of oddand sods kept for properity should I become super famous filthy rich and adorned by skantily clad super models who digged my shots as this was never going to happen shooting with at first a basic canon eos 1000 slide and film slr and using sometimes two 2x coverters on a dodgy 100-300mm lens with the biggest appeture being well at home in the black hole of Calcutta. I did get some results but wasted money on slide and film.
I then got a canon eos 33 4fps wow that was the dogs bollocks when used with a second hand ex evening post reporters 70-200mm f2.8 with a 1.4 x deep throat extender that had nothing to do with the film. I started getting the odd shot published so with the advent of digital that has totally revolutinised photography I dug deep and got a nifty canon eos 20d 8.2 mp and 5fps then went mental and bought a £5500 400mm f2.8 bad boy getting a good run of shots in Pit Pilot and the odd shot in Carve and Wavelength mag. My first proper shots in PP of Lloyd Cole John Williams and Tom Calcutt Tidy the benchmark was set get out on The Gower Everytime there was waves a shoot but not an easy task being at sea 2weeks on and two weeks off when the swell always came in the day I shipped out also being the father of just born twins I had other priorites but still managed to start a data base of local talent. More to follow in the mean time heres some more shots from this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment